|Presenter: Jason Lazarus, J.D., LL.M.
When: Thursday October 3rd from 7:45 to 9:30 a.m.
Where: Nixon Peabody 100 Summer Street, Boston
Have you heard that the Medicare Secondary Payer (MSP) Program will be expanded from worker’s comp to tort cases? That the attorney will be liable the client’s Medicare obligations are not met? Have you been to presentations where you’ve left with more questions than answers?
Then join us on October 3rd to hear nationally-recognized MSP consultant Jason Lazarus, CEO of Synergy Settlement Services, explain the real world implications of the MSP program, including:
- The legal underpinnings of the MSP program.
- The responsibility and potential liability of personal injury attorneys.
- Which cases have to consider Medicare’s interest.
- How to protect yourself and your client.
- How to determine the Medicare Set Aside (MSA) amount.
- Funding the MSA.
- Managing the MSA.